Netball Queensland Terms and Conditions of Sale
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before purchasing a membership. By purchasing a Queensland Firebirds membership, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions relate both to the sale of tickets and attendance at events. These Terms and Conditions apply to both the original purchaser and any other subsequent ticket holders (‘”you”).
Variations to Terms and Conditions
Netball Queensland Limited may vary these Terms and conditions at any time by updating them. Any variations will only apply to membership purchases made after these Terms and Conditions have been updated.
- 2018 Members wishing to renew their memberships for 2019 have an exclusive renewal period until 5pm on Friday 25th January 2019. This is a tiered process with members who have been with the club for 10+ years receiving first option to purchase at 11am (AEST) on Monday 17 December; 5+ year members receiving option to purchase from 11am (AEST) on Tuesday 18 December 2019 and all remaining members receiving access to purchase from 11am (AEST) on Wednesday 19 December 2018.
- All prices included in the membership brochure are inclusive of GST.
- All membership purchases will incur a 1.5% processing fee.
Member since status
- On becoming a member with the Queensland Firebirds, the date of when the membership was first purchased is recorded against the members account. When seating is being allocated the “Member Since Status” will be taken into account. Long standing members will be allocated their seats prior to new members based on each member’s “Member Since Status”.
Junior and Concession Membership
- To qualify as a junior, the member must be 12 years or younger as at 31 December 2019. Children under 3 years of age on match day may enter the venue for free but must be seated on the lap of an accompanying adult.
- Concession membership may be purchased by the persons holding a current Seniors card, Pensioner card or full-time student card. Please note that Health Care Cards are not accepted as a form of concession.
- It is a condition of concession purchases that the member agrees to present their concession ID upon entry to the venue.
Marketing, media and data
- By purchasing a Queensland Firebirds season membership, you consent to being photographed, filmed and recorded at any Queensland Firebirds match or member event you attend. You acknowledge that in order to enhance security, surveillance equipment (including security cameras) are used in and around the Queensland State Netball Centre and any other venue the Queensland Firebirds play at. You also consent to the use of any film, image or recording of you at any Firebirds match or in and around the Queensland State Netball Centre at the discretion of Netball Queensland and its commercial partners, broadcasters, media and news agencies, and law enforcement agencies without compensation or further notice.
- All members must take responsibility for updating all personal details, this is to ensure the Queensland Firebirds can communicate effectively with them. The Queensland Firebirds hold no responsibility for member’s failure to update their personal details. To update your personal details please log on to the member site via www.firebirds.net.au or contact the membership team on 07 3426 9500.
- Member’s privacy is important to the Queensland Firebirds and we have procedures in place to ensure your information remains confidential. We are mindful that member’s personal details are private and as such, we will only disclose member’s information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988. Members may access their private information held on our database by contacting the Membership team on 07 3426 9500. Members have the right at any time to refuse to receive marketing material and can unsubscribe using the button at the bottom of each email communication or SMS.
Payment plan terms
- All ticketed memberships are available on payment plans. For memberships purchased prior to 24 January, the first payment will be deducted on 24th January 2019 and instalments will be deducted monthly for completion by 30 June 2019 in accordance with schedule 1.
- If your membership is purchased after 24 January, your first payment will be deducted on 24 February, with your final instalment being deducted on 31 July in accordance with schedule 2.
- Any membership purchased from 24 February until 30 March will incur the first payment at point of purchase or shortly thereafter and the remaining payments in accordance with schedule 2 to be completed on 31 July.
- Memberships purchased 31 March onwards will require a customised payment plan, evenly splitting the amount owing over the remaining payment dates in schedule 2.
- Any missed payments will result in a membership hold until payment is made which means you will not gain access to the arena on match day. Any missed payments will also attract a late fee of $10, added on to your next payment when it is deducted.
Schedule 1 – Memberships purchased prior to 24th January 2019 will incur six even payments on the 24th of every month commencing on 24 January 2019 and ending on 24 June 2019.
Schedule 2 – Memberships purchased on 24th January 2019 or after will incur six even payments on the 24th of every month commencing on 24 February 2019 and ending on 24 July 2019.
Dishonoured credit card payments
- If a credit card payment is declined by the bank, the member will be contacted regarding an alternate form of payment and the membership will be suspended until payment is made. A late fee of $10 may be incurred for late payment.
Refunds, exchanges and replacements
- Netball Queensland will only offer a refund or exchange of a ticket if an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated by the League. (and you cannot or do not wish to attend the rescheduled or relocated event), or to the extent otherwise required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law). You must apply for a refund within a reasonable time. Netball Queensland does not offer refunds or exchanges as a result of a change in your personal circumstances.
- If an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated by the Seller, all liability is limited to the amount for which the ticket was purchased (including any fees or charges). Proof of purchase may be required for any refund or exchange. Unless required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), Netball Queensland will not be liable for any other losses incurred by you as a result of the cancellation, rescheduling or relocation of an event, including any travel and accommodation expenses.
- Netball Queensland will only replace lost stolen, damaged or destroyed membership cards/tickets if the authenticity of the membership can be verified, including proof of purchase, and if you give reasonable notice before the event. Netball Queensland will charge a replacement fee of $10 per membership card.
- You should carefully consider the refund and cancellation policies of travel, accommodation and other goods or services providers when planning for attendance at an event. You may also wish to consider taking out a relevant insurance policy to over for any losses in the event of cancellation, rescheduling or relocation.
Variations to performances or events
- The Seller reserves the right to add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute artists and/or vary advertised programs, prices, venues, seating arrangements (including ticket categories) and audience capacity.
Conditions of entry
- You may be denied entry into, or removed from, an event where Netball Queensland has reasonable grounds to do so, including if you breach these Terms and Conditions or the Venue’s Terms, or you are intoxicated, under the influence of illicit drugs, inappropriately attired or adversely affecting the enjoyment of the event by others.
- If you arrive late, you may not be admitted until a suitable break in the event.
- You may be required to submit to a search of your person and/or possessions before entering the event.
Authenticity and validity of tickets
- Entry to an event may be refused if the authenticity or validity of a ticket is questionable, including because the ticket has been damaged or defaced in any way, or has not been purchased from Netball Queensland or other authorised points of sale.
Resale of tickets & scalping
- Tickets may not, without the prior written consent of Netball Queensland, be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via on-line auction or other unauthorised resale sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services. If a ticket is sold or used in breach of this condition, the ticket may be cancelled without a refund and the ticketholder of the ticket may be refused admission. Netball Queensland will use reasonable efforts to notify you of such action.
SCALPING WARNING: The resale of tickets in certain circumstances is governed by ticket sales legislation and may attract criminal penalties.
Collection and delivery of tickets
- You must allow adequate time for collection or delivery of tickets. Methods of collection and/or delivery will be available when choosing your collection/delivery details. In the interests of minimising ticket scalping, Netball Queensland may change your delivery method to “venue collect” at its discretion.
- Where concessions are applicable, suitable and valid identification must be provided for collection of tickets and at the event.
Limitations on number of tickets purchased
- When purchasing tickets for a particular event you may be limited to a specified number of tickets. If you exceed the stated ticket limit, you may have any or all of your orders and tickets cancelled without notice by Netball Queensland at its discretion. This includes orders associated with the same name, e-mail address, billing address, credit card number or other information. Ticket limits apply to ensure fair access to tickets for fans, and as a measure to minimise ticket scalping.
- While Netball Queensland takes all reasonable care to ensure that tickets are correctly priced and only available for sale when intended, sometimes errors may occur. Netball Queensland may cancel an order made as a result of any such error, although in the case of a pricing error Netball Queensland will endeavour to contact you to give you the option of purchasing the ticket at the correct price.
- If an error on your behalf results in Netball Queensland reprocessing the ticket transaction at your request, Netball Queensland may charge to you the actual costs incurred in reprocessing the ticket transaction, including any chargeback or postage fees charged to Netball Queensland by a third party.
For information regarding ticketing of live entertainment and sporting events, or to obtain a copy of the Code of Practice for Event Ticketing contact refer to liveperformance.com.au