Come and support your Lorna Jane Queensland Firebirds in the 2019 Suncorp Super Netball Round 12 clash with the Adelaide Thunderbirds!
Top tip: Avoid the transport crush by arriving early! This match is SOLD OUT – and there will be 5,000 fans arriving at the Queensland State Netball Centre so we encourage you to plan your travel well in advance!
9am – Feathers Cafe opens
11am – Hahn Bar in the plaza opens and plaza entertainment commences
12pm – Doors open
1pm – Firebirds game commences
2.50pm – Firebirds game concludes (approximately)
The Firebirds will host a signing session after their initial cool down for approximately 20 minutes.
GETTING TO THE GAME
We have implemented a new traffic management plan which includes changes to parking, shuttle bus services, and involving Queensland Police Service in on-site traffic management.
There is NO parking available on-site at the Queensland State Netball Centre on game day (with the exception of Members who have already purchased season parking. All Member parking is now sold out).
For those who want to park in surrounding streets, we recommend you familiarise yourself with the local area parking street regulations.
There are free shuttle buses running frequently to the Queensland State Netball Centre from one of these central locations:
- Eight Mile Plains bus station, running direct to QSNC
- Westfield Garden City, with buses leaving from Interchange O
- MacGregor bus stop
- Banoon Train Station (Sunnybank) direct to QSNC
These free shuttles will start at 2pm (60 minutes before centre pass) and the last service will leave the QSNC 30 minutes post main event (please note this doesn’t include the Fusion game).
Match ticket holders can travel free to and from the event on all regular network-wide Brisbane City Council buses and Queensland Rail City Network trains (excludes Brisbane City Council ferries, the G: and Airtrain services).
- Free travel begins four hours before and concludes four hours after the main event
- Eight Mile Plains, MacGregor, Garden City and Banoon Train Station have special event shuttles that will commence at 2pm with return shuttles running for 30 minutes after the game
- City travel will be as per the standard bus timetable for that specific day
To plan your journey visit the Translink Journey Planner HERE.
We are fired up for the game and can’t wait to see you there!
Comments are closed.